Michael McKeon is a shareholder who concentrates his practice on complex product liability, commercial litigation, mass tort, insurance and personal injury matters. He has obtained defense verdicts in jury trials in Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut.
Examples of Mr. McKeon’s experience include:
· Currently serving as the liaison defense counsel in firefighter hearing loss mass tort cases in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas; defended numerous firefighter cases through jury trials from 2009-present.
· Obtained defense verdict as co-counsel in personal injury matter following jury trial in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2017).
· Argued successful appeal before the New York First Department unanimously affirming dismissal of client in $6 million product liability suit (2017).
· Obtained defense verdict as co-counsel while appearing as pro hac vice counsel on behalf of national retail client following jury trial in the Superior Court of Hartford County, CT (2016).
· Obtained defense verdict as co-counsel while appearing as pro hac vice counsel on behalf of national retail client following jury trial in the Superior Court of Bridgeport County, CT (2014).
· Obtained defense verdict as co-counsel in product liability action in the Court of Common Pleas of Lackawanna County, PA; matter involved products which allegedly caused a fire that destroyed a factory and caused catastrophic fire loss damages in excess of $14 million (2012).
· Obtained defense verdict as co-counsel while appearing as pro hac vice counsel on behalf of national retail client following jury trial in the Superior Court of New Haven County, CT (2011).
·Obtained defense verdict in personal injury matter in the Supreme Court of Oneida County, NY (2011); jury deliberated for 11 minutes.
Mr. McKeon earned his Juris Doctor from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law in 2004, where he was on the Dean’s list and served as Executive notes Editor for the Global Studies Law Review. Mr. McKeon graduated phi beta kappa and magna cum laude from Lehigh University in 2000, and played linebacker on the football team.
He is admitted to practice in the state courts of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. Mr. McKeon is also admitted to the District of New Jersey, the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. McKeon previously worked as an attorney in the litigation group of the Washington, D.C. office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
"Using the Resources of the Internet to Strengthen Your Defense," Lavin, O'Neil, Cedrone & DiSipio News & Views, Vol. 4, Issue 4 (Winter, 2011).
“Township Talk with Commissioner Michael McKeon (2018)”
“Conversations with Lower Merion Commissioner Michael McKeon (Feb. 28, 2018)”
“Main Line Public TV Presents: Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd July 4th Event” (June 26, 2017)
Mr. McKeon graduated from the Episcopal Academy in 1996. Mr. McKeon lives in Lower Merion with his wife Jenn and teenage daughters Ava and Alyssa. Mr. McKeon has coached his daughters in youth sports (softball and basketball) for many years, and presently serves as a Commissioner in Lower Merion Township (Ward 3), where he chairs the Health Committee.